Simpsen is an online, self-service e-commerce platform that allows sellers to set up an online store to sell their goods and services. Sellers that use the Simpsen platform have certain responsibilities to ensure that buyers are treated legally, ethically and respectfully.
This policy is part of our Terms of Service. To register and use Simpsen, you are required to read and agree to this policy, our Terms of Service, and all other policies referenced in the Terms of Service.
What can and cannot be sold on the Simpsen platform
Every store on the Simpsen platform is unique. The range of products and services that can be sold using Simpsen is endless. Sellers may use the Simpsen platform to sell any products or services that meet the following criteria:
- It is legal to sell the product or service in all jurisdictions in which simpsen.com is accessible
- The product or service is not on the Prohibited Items List
Prohibited Items List
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia, and substances claiming to have an intoxicating or healing effect
- Live animals, items derived from endangered species, ivory or bones, items made from human remains
- Technologically harmful content (including, but not limited to malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious or destructive code)
- Items or services that violate the copyrights or intellectual property rights of their owners.
- Contests, coupons, gambling, and raffles
- Items that promote, support, or glorify hatred or violence
- Hazardous Materials
- Other items or services deemed inappropriate by Simpsen at our sole discretion. This list of prohibited items, by it’s nature, cannot encompass all possible items and services that may be prohibited. As such, Simpsen reserves the right to make a determination regarding the allowability of any item or service on a case-by-case basis. We will use reasonable standards to make a determination based on protecting buyers, sellers and Simpsen from harm.
Respecting copyright and intellectual property
Simpsen takes copyrights and intellectual property rights seriously. Sellers should respect the rights of copyright owners, and intellectual property owners. The use of images, photos and text in stores on the Simpsen platform must not violate copyrights or intellectual property rights. If you are unsure whether it is ok to use certain content, we suggest contacting the rights owner to request permission before including the content in your store.
Legal, ethical and respectful treatment of customers
Individual sellers are responsible for their relationship with their customers. Simpsen is not a party to the relationship between a seller using the Simpsen platform, and a buyer who purchases from a seller via the Simpsen platform. That said, we do require sellers who use the Simpsen platform to treat customers legally, ethically and respectfully. Sellers who do not do so may have their accounts closed.
Subject to this requirement, certain types of content are not allowed on stores using the Simpsen platform or published on simpsen.com. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- content that is spam
- adult content not suitable for general audiences
- content that is abusive or that promotes the abuse of others
- content that promotes self–harm/suicide
Seller’s contact information
The nature of the Simpsen platform is such that it provides sellers an opportunity to sell products and services even if they do not have a physical presence (such as a brick-and-mortar store). As such, a seller may not have a physical address or phone number at which they can be contacted. However, Simpsen requires that each seller maintain, at minimum, a primary email address where they can be contacted by Simpsen representatives and by customers. This email address, in the absence of other contact information, must be available as an avenue for communication regarding disputes, and for the resolution of those disputes. Sellers found to be inaccessible via the primary email address provided will have their accounts closed.
Simpsen provides avenues for users to report content for review by Simpsen representatives. Users may report content of any kind for review for any reason and Simpsen representatives will investigate all reports and determine, at our sole discretion, whether a violation of any Terms of Service, Rules for Sellers, Copyrights and Intellectual Property Rights, Privacy Rights or any other policy (“Policy Violation”) have occurred.
Additionally, Simpsen may institute, at our sole discretion, review and audit procedures by which we may discover and investigate and determine, at our sole discretion, whether a Policy Violation has occurred.
Simpsen, at our sole discretion, may take any of the following actions in response to a Policy Violation.
- Bring the violation to the attention of the responsible party so that the violation can be rectified with or without a required timeline for rectification.
- Make changes to the content of any simpsen.com page in order to rectify the violation.
- Remove content from any simpsen.com page in order to rectify the violation.
- Suspend or cancel any account found at our sole discretion to have been responsible for a violation, with or without advance notice.
Accounts suspended or cancelled as a result of a violation are not eligible for refunds of any amounts paid for Services associated with that account, though Simpsen may decide, at our sole discretion, to offer refunds in some cases.